I finally got a new modem installed in my computer, and it is Oh So Nice! It's so easy to get online now. Before, half the time I wouldn't be able to get online at all, and the other half once I did get online, I'd get kicked off again within 5 minutes. And a lot of the pages I visit regularly that used to take forever to load up, now are loading before I know it! This new modem is definitely my friend.
So, today's Faery Hunt was so much fun! We had a really large group of kids, maybe 20 or 30, and they were so interactive, it was great! And Cynthia stepped in as the Faery Queen today, and she is so much fun to work with! She and I were running lines before the show, and we got to the part where we teach the children the song to tame the troll: (to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star) "Hush, be still. Don't rock and roll. This lullabye will tame the troll." And we just started getting goofy with it, picking up the tempo, dancing a little bit, then it turned into a rap complete with hip hop arm and leg movements. We were both laughing so hard. And we decided to do that during the show, just for fun. I think the kids didn't have a clue what do with that, they were kind of staring at us, but Cynthia said the adults got a kick out of it.
And I allowed myself to ad lib a little bit more in this show than I normally do. For example, when Grundel the troll is chasing me because he wants to eat me, the children sing the song to calm him down. Well, Andy (our troll) stopped chasing me a lot sooner than he normally does, so I ran up to him and stuck my tongue out at him with my fingers in my ears. That got him to chase me a bit more.
And David, our Simurg, just keeps getting better and better each week. (He hasn't done any acting at all prior to this show.) He's adding physicality to his character, as well as getting a strong grip on his character objectives.
A Faery Fun show!
No comments:
Post a Comment