Today's performance was a lot of fun, we had 50 people (parents and kids) altogether, and the kids were great!
However, Cynthia has informed us that she will be officially closing the show permanently on Aug 12th, due to financial considerations. She is planning to market the show to the school system and the library system, but in order to do so she has been required to give Artistic Direction back to the show creator, Debbie. Which means that I will be recast as Elsie Wright, one of the two world-renowned faery experts and cousins who "guide" the Faery Hunt. (Really after the first scene, they just follow along as crowd control.) The reason for my being recast is that Debbie believes strongly in typical Hollywood type-casting, where Cynthia did not. Debbie wants to have ingenue types (young, pretty, starlets) as the faeries, and I am a character actor. I am disappointed because I love being Apple Blossom, but type casting goes along with the business. I am so grateful to Cynthia for the opportunity that she gave me to step outside my type into a role that fit my energy and personality.
2 comments:
I don't know Debbie but Boo-Hiss to her. Hopefully she will have a change of heart?
This Debbie person sounds like the standard hollwood type. I have type cast her also. Anyway, enjoy the run as it is, and it is nice to see you really working hard a your craft and taking classes. You inspire me in my journey too.
Kind Regards,
Don
Post a Comment