Day 4 (BCII): Meisner Plus

I really enjoyed the class today because Scott kept everyone in class active the entire period, we were all always on stage working together, moving around (which was great because the classroom gets so frickin' cold).
Today we explored the seven other psychological gestures besides Pushing: Pulling, Lifting, Dragging, Tearing, Throwing, Smashing...um, I've forgotten the last one. =/ Maybe there are only seven total??
I had some difficulty at first with Pulling and Dragging, just because I wasn't sure how to radiate energy out when you seem to be bringing it in towards yourself. I kind of liked the Throwing gesture because it felt like I was giving to the other person. Smashing I felt really powerful, and angry. Tearing, the first time I stepped into it I almost started crying because it felt like I had ripped away my outer facade, but it wasn't a painful thing the way Pushing had been, it was more of a revealing and it kind of felt good. The others I listened to myself when I stepped into the energy, but I didn't feel any specific response other than a buzzing of energy.
Scott had us walk around the room, and then make whichever gesture our impulses led us to, and then find someone to repeat with right away. Then walk around again, another gesture, repeating. Then he would call out two names, they would gesture and repeat while the rest of us stood in a circle around them and watched, then we would all walk around again until Scott called two more. And it really makes a difference making eye contact with the person you're gesturing to, watching their face change as they radiate the energy of their gesture, letting that affect you even as you radiate your own energy, feeling the connection so strongly even before you repeat. It was intense, but I felt really relaxed, grounded and centered after class.

No comments: