Today, Carrie worked with the scenes individually, giving feedback and suggestions. I had some vague ideas for tactics for the Misery scene, but some of the changes I made decreased the sense of danger that had previously exsisted in the scene. But I also felt more connected to my scene partner this time, although still not entirely there yet.
So tonight, I sat down and did what I should have done a week ago, I took several hours and wrote about the given circumstances, my character and her relationship to the other character, what she wants and why; I wrote what my character is literally doing in the scene, and what the essential action is (A Practical Handbook For The Actor); and I started making solid choices for tactics about how to get what I want. I'm also attempting to keep in mind that all of my choices need to create that sense of danger, they don't necessarily need to be logical to one another (to create the appearance of a psychotic character), and also that the scene needs to start low and build to the end. (These are things I decided on my own that I need to keep in mind.) AND still keep a sense of spontaneity--sp??--and an honest connection with my scene partner, remaining focused on affecting him.
Yo ho, yo ho, an actor's life for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment