Day 6 (BCII): Scene Study

Today was a lot of fun, we played a couple of really fun rounds of "Character Zip Zap Zop" to warm up. In regular Zip Zap Zop, the first person to pass the clap to someone else in the circle says "Zip" as they pass it, the next person says "Zap" as they pass, the third person says "Zop", then back to "Zip" and it goes on like that. The first person to say one of the words out of order is out. So with Character Zip Zap Zop, the person that got out chooses a characteristic that we all have to pass the Zip Zap Zop in, such as "an excited bride" or "having an orgasm". (I got to start that one, oh joy! I was red as a beet, I'm sure.) But we were all laughing so hard, it was so much fun!
Then we talked about cold reading techniques, and Carrie gave us an exercise to help us improve our cold reading skills.
Then she gave us our new scenes and partners. I was really surprised that the scene she assigned me was from Misery. Remember one of my friends from Boot Camp I said I could be the next Kathy Bates?? This is all very intriguing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! That's FANTASTIC! What scene? How fun to perform such a wild character!!!!!