Okay, time to write more about my experience working background on that movie. I went in to work the first day with the intention/desire to meet some people I could hang out with, and get along well with -- and I did, quite easily!
First day I met a very kind, sweet, intelligent older gentleman. We hung out the first day, and then had breakfast together every morning after that. I would smile at him every time we passed in holding during our brief breaks, or when we were moving sections. Then one day in holding, he said to me, "You have an amazing smile." I was very touched, and surprised. It echoed my second day of the acting class I took a few months ago, when the instructor said I had a thousand watt smile. I said "Really? Thank you." Then he asked, "Can I say something?" I said sure. He said, "I hope you don't mind, but the thought won't go away. It seems like you feel you aren't allowed to be pretty, or sexy, or whatever. You need to find what is blocking you from allowing you to feel that way, and work on getting past it." I was almost in tears, because he really hit home on that one, I absolutely agree with what he said. I said, "I really need a hug right now." And he said, "You got it!" and he hugged me so warmly and tightly.
(And this echoed another moment from my class, which I haven't written about before, in which I was repeating with one of my friends, and he was looking at me with this shine in his eyes, so I said, "You're looking at me like I'm beautiful." And he said, "You are beautiful." I repeated, "I am beautiful." And it really touched me, and for the first time I started to let that in as I repeated with him, and he gave me a warm, tight hug, and kissed me on the cheek.)
It just really feels like the Universe is bringing me together with the people I need to have in my life, for a reason, for a season, or for life.
On the first day, I also met another man with an awesome quirky sense of humor. We had a lot of fun joking around and being silly. Didn't hang out on set much, unfortunately, but I loved the little bit of time that we did.
Then on the second day I met a really cute guy, and we ended up hanging out a lot. He seemed to really like me, and really see me as well. One of our first conversations came around to the acting classes I just finished, and he asked me what I learned, and I loved that he asked and told him as much about Meisner technique as I could. I think I must have totally lit up talking about it, because after a few minutes he asked me what else I had learned besides Meisner. And then on Tuesday I was so tired, I closed my eyes whenever possible, and then after lunch I felt better, and he noted, "Hey, you're smiling, you must be more awake!" Then on Wednesday and Thursday, I kept expecting him to lose interest and ditch me, especially when I was so tired again and absolutely uninteresting, but he stayed with me both days, waited for me so that we wouldn't get separated while the PAs moved us from section to section, he ate lunch with me both days. We started talking about common interests, it almost felt like he was feeling out the possibility of dating. And that scared me a little bit, because I could feel myself starting to get attached, but I didn't want to get attached so quickly, especially not knowing if his interest would continue after we weren't spending 14 hours a day together. We exchanged contact info, so now I just need to wait and see what life has in store.
And I wrote about my other new friend, the woman I ended up singing Along Came Jones with, we exchanged contact info, too. Anyone who I can sing a really silly song like that in public with, we have got to stay friends.
I also ran into a woman who remembered me from 4 years ago, apparently we met on one of my very first background jobs. She said we'd sat in holding and had a long conversation, she said I'd let my hair grow out since then. I was so touched that she remembered me, and at the same time I felt so bad because I didn't remember her, or the conversation we'd had. She said I looked familiar to her, and it took her a little while, but she finally remembered. And I just didn't remember any of it, and that obviously disappointed her. I said Hi to her after that when I saw her at our meal breaks, but she was sitting with her husband and another couple of her friends, so I didn't really get the chance to talk with her again. I'm just really surprised that she remembered me after all those years.
No comments:
Post a Comment