SCORE!

So I went to Central Casting this morning and am now officially registered. And just for the record I want to say that I HATE wearing foundation and powder, I feel like I've got on a frickin' mask.
And I just called the work line. The very first casting notice was looking for Midwest blue collar women who look as if they've worked in a factory their whole life. Perfect! So I call the number for that job, and get through to the CD on the first try! (Practically unheard of at Central Casting.) At first the CD said I didn't look as if I'd worked in a factory my whole life, (I guess my makeup in my photo is nicer looking than that, even though I tried to keep it natural, but my lipstick was a little bit bright...) so I said I could wear less make up, and that I had blue collar type clothing. So she said OK. So I am booked for this movie. There will be a fitting/interview tomorrow, to approve my wardrobe and to approve me (??--not sure what that's all about), but according to the CD there shouldn't be a problem with them not approving me. Then 5 days of work: Sunday, Aug 20 - Thursday, Aug 24. A big Thank You to the Universe for providing!!
Of course, this means I'll have to reschedule two massage clients that had appointments on Monday morning, and I may not be able to pick up my Dad from the airport with my sister on Monday evening, depends on when we get wrapped and how soon I can get to LAX. But it's all good, five days of work, all five pretty much guaranteed to be 12 hour days, that'll be a nice paycheck!!--I don't know if I'll get paid for the fitting/interview, I'm assuming that I do?
Anyhow, once again, a big Thank You to the Universe for providing!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atta girl! What a great cast to spend five days with. You are certain to have a wonderful experience. How super! I can't wait to read all about it.

I can't remember if you are SAG or not. SAG definitely gets paid for fittings. Non-union I'm not so sure about.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! I am now wishing I lived in LA, where they have cool things like Central Casting. Good Luck, this is cool thing! I see the union in your life very soon.

Don

Iziezi said...

Hey, you two!

Thanks so much for your support! I'm not SAG yet. In the Business Of Show Business class at The Acting Corps, our teacher said it's better not to join SAG until I have some experience being in films (student films, independent films) because if I join SAG before I have the experience, I'm pretty much screwing myself. I'll be submitting myself against SAG members who DO have experience on their resume, which means I'll have a snowball's chance in hell of actually getting cast, or perhaps even getting the audition in the first place. So if having the union in my life very soon entails getting that experience, then bring it on!

Marsha Loftis said...

yeah!!!! good girl.