Clear cut??

Last night, I went with a friend from the Actor's Boot Camp classes to check out The Actors' Network, there was an introductory informational orientation. It's a really exciting organization, tons of benefits are included in the membership. I definitely want to join once I can afford to, I think it will be very helpful to my career.
As for the whole working situation, it's still up in the air. I'm leaning towards giving up my massage business, partly because I don't have the money to renew my permit right now, and partly because I really haven't done crap to actually promote and grow my business during the last year, so why do I think another year is going to be any different? Plus, I feel it's better to give up the business now to focus on acting while I don't really have a client base, than to actually put the effort into growing it and building a client base and then walking away from it to move to LA. Doesn't mean I'm giving up massage altogether, but I may be better off working in a spa?
I'm also debating at this point between signing up with Central Casting to do background work (there's no guarantee the work will be steady, but I will be working in the industry, hopefully making contacts and networking), and just working for a temp agency for a month because I need the money (but I will be turning my focus away from my acting career goals, putting that on hold yet again.) AARRGGHH! I hate that I'm having such a hard time making this decision! I mean, the answer is clearly cut and I'm just refusing to see it, right?? Grrrr....

No comments: