My Regularly Scheduled Life

I feel like my blog is going to be much more boring from here on out, now that I've finished classes, and am back to my regular daily life. But, some of you have been reading long before I started my acting classes, so I guess my regular daily life can't be all that boring.
Anyhow, this weekend was good over all, I stayed out of the house a lot. Friday went to work in Riverside (I only work out there every other Friday), then had dinner with my sister after. Saturday I was at the park for the final performance of A Faery Hunt! (*sniff!*) which my sister came to see with an old friend of hers that I didn't recognize until halfway through signing autographs for the kids after the show, I was like, "Holy crap, that's your friend!"--anyhow, the three of us drove to the beach after the show, had lunch at Ruby's on the pier, then walked down to the water. That took most of the afternoon. Sunday, I went to the mall with my friend in the morning, gave a massage in the afternoon, then stopped at another friend's house to drop off some Mary Kay product she had ordered, and she was having a get together with family and some friends, so she invited me in, fed me dinner, and we all hung out for a few hours after. Yay for not having to spend the evening in an empty house! Plus, I picked up a new Mary Kay client, yay!
As for work, I have been submitting myself on Hollywood OS for background work, but there's usually only one or two projects per day that I'm appropriate for. So the plan is to go to Central Casting on Wednesday and sign up there, see how much work I can get myself with my minimal wardrobe.
I have also been second-guessing my decision to let my massage business go. There are so many reasons not to keep it, but at the same time, it beats working for someone else. But that really is the only reason I'd want to keep my business. And as I said before, there are so many other reasons not to keep it.
And that's been my regularly scheduled life the last few days. Ho hum.
Oh, I saw the Johnny Depp version of Charlie And The Chocoalte Factory the other day. Some of the expressions that Depp came up with were amazing, intense, sadistically creepy. I liked that he chose to make Wonka a big kid that never grew up and was almost as bratty as the bratty kids who won the golden tickets. But overall, I like the original Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory better. It had more dramatic conflict in the story line, and the kids and their parents seemed more like real people; In the new version they were very charicatured and not really given much attention in the story except when it was their turn to disappear. Also, in the new version when Charlie shows Grandpa Joe the golden ticket and Grandpa Joe jumps out of bed and does a jig, for me that didn't even come close to demonstrating the joy of the moment in the way the song & dance number "I've Got A Golden Ticket" did in the original. Lots of little disappointments like that, for me, in the new one. Long live the original!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easy uniforms and props to buy that will make you more cast-able:

(ps... you can find this junk at walmart for serious cheapies)

Nusring scrubs, a lab coat, a stroller, a bike.

Central Casting loves that stuff. You can get scrubs for like 15 bucks, a lab coat for less, and hit a yard sale and you can get those last two props for practically nothing!

Iziezi said...

Hey Kat!

Thanks for the suggestions! I am planning to get scrubs, just deciding on color: the same blue that everyone else has or a muted green color? Link below to see color I am considering.
http://www.jascouniform.com/ecom/showdetl.cfm?&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=11507&DID=6

But I never would have thought of the bike or the stroller, I can totally see how those would be useful!