This morning, I threw as many blue-collar-type thick sweaters, turtle necks, winter coats, winter hats and gloves I could into the big suitcase with wheels that my parents did not take with them to Germany. The movie scene I'll be working background on takes place in Denver, the middle of winter, in an ice skating rink.
I was expecting this to be a huge call, but when I got to the check in location (about 15 minutes early), there were only two other people there already. In the end there were only 25 of us. I'm not sure if they're going to add us in to the group that's already been working this week, or if they're going to get more new people before Sunday.
It was kind of neat to go before the actual shoot just to have our wardrobe approved--means I won't have to schlepp my entire wardrobe the day of. And we will get paid for two hours even though we were released after one. Very generous!
The costume director was an interesting lady. She gave each of us a specific character. The costume director looked at the clothes I'd brought, looked at me, then said, "You really look like a mom. I want you to dress like Laura Bush, very nice, conservative Republican. You're the mom who's sacrificed everything so your child could have ice-skating lessons." This after being told yesterday that I didn't look like I'd worked in a factory my whole life, after I dressed my self down today so that I would, minimal make up and not so stylish hair. The costume designer said that I had a good eye for wardrobe, and to find something really nice, conservative to wear. She also noticed the thick purple coat and lavender wool beanie (that I knit myself!) that I had brought--she had her assistant take my name down for a recall, for "Purple Day." I'm not sure yet when "Purple Day" will be, just that they want me back for it! So yay for getting booked for more work!
3 comments:
Awesome! Way to go!
yeah!!!!!good for you
Way to go beanie maker!
Post a Comment