- When Grundel the Troll starts chasing me, I shout out to the children to help me as I run. They're supposed to sing the song "Hush be still, don't rock & roll" but this time, six or seven of the older girls decided to try and take down the Troll football tackle style.
- Lavinia and I encourage the Simurg to try positive affirmations in the mirror every morning to boost his self-esteem. Lavinia came up with a new one: "I have the most beautiful wings in all of Faeryland." I never did figure out how to get my wings to sit straight, so I said: "Yes, you do! And my wings...are crooked, but that's okay!"
- One of the little girls came back to the show a second time, having bought the DVD of the LA show, and was very disappointed that Apple Blossom was not on the DVD. (How sweet!)
- The kids asking me after the show if I had magic ("I have a little bit of natural magic, but I can't make the Eiffel Tower disappear or anything like David Copperfield")--if I could fly ("I can fly when I'm my normal size of 2 inches, but when I'm this size, I'm too heavy, my wings won't carry me.")--telling me they had found a tiny door in the wall of their backyard and did I think it led to Faeryland? ("Well, perhaps if you use your imaginations, it does!")
So Cynthia's plan to take A Faery Hunt! into the OC school and library systems has fallen through, but she is writing her own children's play called Reginald The Misunderstood Dragon. Since this show will be her own property, (A Faery Hunt! OC was more or less franchised from the creator of the LA show) she plans to take this new show into the school and library systems instead, and possibly perform it in the park next summer. She has given all of us in the Faery Hunt cast the right of first refusal. I've told her if there's a part in her new play for me, I'm there.
1 comment:
I've been missing your blog but I am glad to finally make my way back over to hear that even though something is ending that possibly something new will begin.
I love that cast picture. It looks like such a sunny, and warm, and happy day.
Post a Comment