I have been so tired today. Stayed in bed most of the day, and I feel emotionally raw, ready to cry at the drop of a hat. I think I've just been stressing myself out too much. Last week I worked as receptionist in my uncle's business, and the multi-tasking required for that job is almost too much for me. I spend a lot of the day literally yelling and screaming to let off steam (just in general, not at any of my co-workers or the customers). And then, I was majorly stressing for a few days about the Answers audition. And then I was stressing for no good reason about the student film project, because they had told me when they called and left a message the first time that they wanted to use me. And then yesterday I got my monthly female deal, (sorry, fellas, if that's TMI) so my hormones are somewhat wacked out, and so today, I just felt like crying all day for no good reason, and I mostly stayed in bed.
I really need to start doing yoga again or belly breathing or something on a regular basis to help manage all the stress that I have been going through, and will be going through as I continue to move forward and grow in this business.
Anyhow, as for the student project, I called this morning to follow up on the message I left last night, and the student director said he had been planning to call me in a few minutes anyways, so that was all good I think. He wants to film Friday evening from 6 to about 10pm, but he hasn't found a location yet. I'll be playing Ann from sex, lies, and videotape and the scene is between Ann and her sister Cynthia. For those of you who have seen the movie, it's the scene where Ann is telling Cynthia about Graham for the first time, and Cynthia decides she wants to meet him.
Turns out the student director hasn't seen the movie either, so I'm taking a second thought about watching the movie. I feel fairly comfortable about how to play Ann, she is totally in my comfort zone. I understand how to play her. So, on the one hand, I could get some additional ideas about how to play Ann from watching the movie, learn more about her character from knowing the whole story (like reading the whole script that your monologue is from). I also feel fairly confident about being able to make the role my own, I've never been one for imitation. But perhaps watching the movie is not such a good idea, because of the differences between the student director's vision of the character/scene, and the original movie. I don't know, I'm too tired to worry about it. Right now I kind of like the idea of not watching the movie so that the character will be completely my own work, especially since the director doesn't have any expectations from the original movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment