The Leap

This has nothing to do with acting, but I wanted to write a blurb about it, because it's actually a huge step forward for me, personally. Yesterday I wrote: "All I can do for now is ask the Universe to bring me someone like this guy I recently met, and for my request to be granted with grace and ease." Well, it's going to be very difficult for the Universe to bring me the right guy if I'm not out there looking for him, so I signed up with LoveHappens.com. I'm putting myself out there in the dating pool again. So, since this is an acting journal and not "Isabelle's Love Life" journal, I won't write any more about it, but I wanted to write that I am taking that step, feel the fear and do it anyway, I'm tired of being alone. And I'm proud of my profile, for the first time, I just said "This is who I am" without trying to make myself appear more intriguing or interesting, take it or leave it, "I'd rather be alone than be with the wrong person."
One interesting thing however, they have some of those personality quizzes, and I took a few, I was surprised at the results I got, my results show that I've grown in self-confidence, that I'm not as shy and insecure as I used to be. For example, one of the quizzes was about Finding Mr./Mrs. Right, I thought for sure I'd come out Shy Idealist or Shy something, but my result was Social Realist. And my Myer-Briggs type code has changed again! In highschool, I was an INFP. In college, it changed to INTP, and as of the test I took last night, I am now an ISTP! (I = Introvert, N = Intuitive, S = Sensing, F = Feeling, T = Thinking, P = Perceiving) Although after reading the description of ISTP, I'm not sure I agree with it. But perhaps now that I'm on my way into my acting career, following my heart's passion, perhaps that is what makes the difference.
Anyhow, moving back into the acting part of this journal: Last night I went to the theatre for my first night as a sound tech. But it turns out they weren't doing sound, so I got to watch the rehearsal, the first night of Hell Week, the show opens this Friday. Rehearsal was very stop and go as the director figured out the lighting he wanted, and he was changing blocking left and right to accomodate some of the lighting. Also, it turns out this is a brand new script, the writer was there, and he's still editing. When I arrived, the director was handing six new pages of script for the beginning of Act One to the actors. All of the actors seemed to be working well with all the changes however, I'm giving them huge Kudos for that, it's got to be incredibly stressful. (Or rather, I would be extremely stressed under those circumstances.) So, tonight I think I'll get to be in the booth, we shall see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The tech stuff is great. It's challenging, interesting. Also I think it teaches you more about how to work the stage as an actor. Sounds like fun.