I've just signed up for The 48 Hour Film Project when it comes to Los Angeles in June. There's no guarantee that I'll be placed on a team, but at least I've created that opportunity now. I read about one actor's experience in last year's project in the Oct 2005 issue of Hollywood How-To (now Show Biz How-To; and yes, I'm way behind on my reading.) Anyhow, it sounds like a lot of fun albeit hard work. I've listed myself as an actor, but that I'm a quick learner and I'd be willing to help as a PA or other member of the crew. (I don't actually have any experience on a film crew, only what I've seen as an extra on set. Might be enough for me to be more useful than a hindrance.) Anyhow, we shall see what the future holds, all in good time.
Rehearsal for A Faery Hunt was really fun yesterday. We had the whole cast together (minus two) and some of us had partial costumes! Mine's still in progress, but I got to wear my skirt, blouse, and pink fairy wings. I'm so glad I still have an inner child! It's fun to play dress up! Cynthia, the director, complimented me on what I'm doing with my character Pilliwiggin, that Pilli is so cute! Yay for me!
And the guy playing the Troll is so funny! He started saying his lines in a perfect imitation of Cheech, it was hilarious! "Hey, what's that smell? Oh, it's me. I forgot to put on my troll-on deodorant this morning."
And of course, the entire cast was having fun making adult jokes (PG-13, thank goodness we didn't get too raunchy) out of some of their lines, and circumstances in the play.
But all of the cast members had to change their character's names, except for me, because in a couple of weeks there is an Whole Child Expo coming up in LA where we will be appearing with the LA Faery Hunt cast, and we can't have two of each character. The reason I didn't have to change my character's name, is because the LA Pilliwiggin is on maternity leave.
"What happens when she comes back?" I asked.
"She may not come back, that's always the question with maternity leave."
So, I am still Pilliwiggin for the time being. Although the worry wart in me thinks I should change my character name too, just in case.
And it turns out that having A Faery Hunt on your resume carries some casting clout with it, because there are CDs who go to see the LA production with their kids all the time. So that is something I can list as a highlight on my resume.
Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment