I am on my way. A little bit breathless, a little bit nervous, but I'm on my way.
I recieved my headshots from Shutterfly on Monday, and the quality of the prints is beautiful! (BTW, they are actual photographic prints, not lithos.) I know that the standard in the industry is usually lithos, but that's because lithos are generally cheaper to reproduce. At Shutterfly, photos are $3.99 per 8x10, so if you don't need many prints to start out, it may be a good option. (They also have lots of cute photo-gifts they can make, such as personalized cards and photo books. They also offer smaller prints, etc for personal pics. You can also create an album and share the album online, and your friends and family can choose which pics from the album they want to have printed for themselves. It's a really neat site. Anyway, enough of the plugging.)
I recieved my headshots from Shutterfly on Monday, and the quality of the prints is beautiful! (BTW, they are actual photographic prints, not lithos.) I know that the standard in the industry is usually lithos, but that's because lithos are generally cheaper to reproduce. At Shutterfly, photos are $3.99 per 8x10, so if you don't need many prints to start out, it may be a good option. (They also have lots of cute photo-gifts they can make, such as personalized cards and photo books. They also offer smaller prints, etc for personal pics. You can also create an album and share the album online, and your friends and family can choose which pics from the album they want to have printed for themselves. It's a really neat site. Anyway, enough of the plugging.)
So, today, I finally signed up with Now Casting to start, it's taken me most of the afternoon to fill out my profile. And I've already submitted myself to 3 projects! FEEL THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY! GO IZZIE GO! AAUUUGGGHHHHHH!
I also plan to sign up with Actor's Access, as well as a few more sites, but right now my brain is fried from the Now Casting profile.
Also, it turns out that the STC Conservatory is having auditions this Sunday evening for a play called Answers. I went down to the theater last night to borrow a copy of the script to prepare for the audition. It's a short one act (20 pgs) about 2 detectives interrogating a murder suspect, and they're not being too nice about it, either. Originally the play is written for three men, but the director is auditioning women for one of the detective roles. On the one hand, I think I should go audition, because the more you audition the better you get at it. But on the other hand, I don't really understand the subtext of the material. I mean I get that they're being brutal and mentally manipulative, but other than that I really don't know what I could bring to the role. When I read the script, there are parts where I can't hear the words spoken naturally, I can't see clearly or sometimes at all how the character would physically act. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean I shouldn't audition. *sigh* I am better than I think I am. Feel the fear and do it anyway. (But where the hell does common sense fit into that??)
No comments:
Post a Comment