Apple Blossom

Yesterday morning was the dress rehearsal for A Faery Hunt! It was not the preview as I believed it was supposed to be (for whatever reason, not quite sure how I got that idea into my head.) My parents came yesterday, because I told them it was the preview. So they got to watch the dress, and really enjoyed it, but said they would have enjoyed it more if there had been children there too.
The most amazing thing, Cynthia has created an entirely new costume for me! I am overwhelmed that she put in the time, when I know that she's already overwhelmed with everyone else's costumes too and publicity--granted that this costume didn't require much sewing, but just the fact that she thought of it, took the time to buy the few extra pieces. I feel a little bit guilty, actually, because she and Debbie both read my post about the expo, my comment that I felt my costume looked plain next to the LA cast. They both wrote e-mails to me about "Costume Woes", and I explained that I understood Cynthia was overwhelmed, and that the LA cast has had a year to add details to their costumes. But Cynthia already hated the skirt she'd created for my character and wanted to get a new one anyways...anyhow, I have a new costume, more elegant and detailed, and I sincerely appreciate the effort Cynthia made to create it so quickly.
I finally settled on a name for my character: Apple Blossom. I think I like that better than Buttercup. Of course during rehearsal, some of the characters couldn't remember my new name, which is to be expected, since I had already e-mailed them saying my name would be Buttercup, and then told them it had changed again when I arrived at the rehearsal. I could see the blank look in their eyes as they got to the point in their lines where they say my name, so I just whispered, "Apple Blossom!" It's all good, the same thing happened to me after we changed the rest of the cast's name a few weeks ago, Darrig the Troll became Grundel the Troll, Grundel was my idea, but when it came time for me to say his name during the show, I blanked. He has just asked me if I will be his friend, and I said, "Of course, what's your name again? Oh yes, Grundel! I will be your friend, I like you too!" Ha ha.
We finally got to meet our new Faery Queen Morgana as well, she is so nice! (And some of the cast has been having issues with her name as well, we learned the script with Queen Anya, then it got changed to Queen Boudicea, and now with our new queen it is Queen Morgana) Anyhow, she is really nice, and she makes a wonderfully warm and elegant queen!
And we are still ad libbing moments that are being added to our script, it's a lot of fun! I think when we finally have children in the audience, that will add an entirely new dimension as well, with even more to discover!
Also, I am really enjoying The Don Juan Project, last night's performance was so good. They've created more depth and connection between the characters, especially in the second act, than I've seen previously. I think the play is well written, and the actors are doing a great job with it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so fabulous when you get a costume especially for you. It adds to your performance somehow. I'm so happy for you, Apple Blossom! Hopefully you will share pictures from the show.