I got to run sound tonight, my first time ever in the tech booth, and overall it went pretty smoothly. The sound designer was very impressed that I picked it up so quickly, apparently he's had people in the booth that had no clue, even after he explained it to them. Yay me! There were only a couple of times where I missed a cue, either because I just completely missed it, or because the actor skipped or changed a line. (Which is to be expected with everything being changed so much.) And not to mention the fact that we light and sound techies have a different script than the rest of the cast, an earlier version. We can be following the lines being spoken and be on page 21 in our scripts, but the cast is on page 28. Fun stuff!
The show seems to be coming together really well, they ran straight through both acts tonight, it's much more put together than it seemed to be last night, in spite of all the new lines the characters have, and the new blocking. It's gonna be a good show!
No comments:
Post a Comment