So here I am at the end of the weekend. Here's what happened:
Saturday, rehearsal for A Faery Hunt was fun, as always, we just goof around so much, make each other laugh so hard! We still didn't have our Faery Queen however. Turns out she decided to quit the show, because she has another job on Saturdays on an on-call basis, if they call her in, she has to work, which is why she hasn't been able to make any of our rehearsals yet. So she withdrew, but apparently the Universe was on top of things, because a woman who has been an alternate for the LA cast contacted Cynthia, and mentioned during the conversation that she would love to play the queen. So, she wasn't at this weekend's rehearsal, but she will be there as Queen Morgana for our Preview/Dress Rehearsal next weekend.
Rehearsal ran overtime, so I didn't get home until 1:20pm, the audition at Stages for The Miss Firecracker Contest was only open until 2 pm, and I hadn't had any lunch yet and was actually feeling pretty yucky, I had a nasty headache eminating from the base of my skull and my stomach was in knots, I hardly ate anything all day yesterday. So I decided all things considered, just to eat something and go to bed.
Flying solo in the sound booth last night went very well, except that at the beginning of the first act, all of the actors were on super-speed and barrelled over the sound cues. But they finally settled in, and in the second act, Don Juan really began to fly now that he's got his lines solidly down. The show didn't get nearly as much laughter last night as it did opening night, however.
Today, the Whole Child/Whole Family Expo was interesting, and getting to meet some members of the L.A. A Faery Hunt cast. Their costumes are much more elaborate than ours, I felt very plain in comparison. I spent most of my time painting children's faces (mostly rainbows, butterflys, fairies, and flowers) and giving them fairy tatoos (stencils that we colored over onto their arms with glitter ink).
And now I'm home. I'm concocting the next part of my acting career plan. After the film student assignment, both my scene partner Melissa and my blog friend Don suggested that I take a Meisner technique class. So, I found an acting school called The Acting Corps, which looks like it's a really good school, don't know how much it will cost yet, but I'm sure it's expensive. (I looked at them once a few years ago, and classes were $500 or $600 for one month?) So my plan is this: Go back to work at my Uncle's business for two or three weeks, save up money so that I can pay my bills while I go to class. (The next class doesn't start until the middle of May anyway.) Class runs every day for a month, I'm planning to take the morning classes. That leaves my evenings open for either a play or massage clients or whatever else the future has in store for me.
I've also made a realization regarding rejection. I thought I was up to it, I knew I would be getting a lot of No's, it's just part of the business. But I've just realized that I stopped submitting myself on Hollywood OS a few weeks ago because I wasn't getting booked for anything, I was discouraged because I was being rejected. Somehow, that wasn't the rejection I had prepared myself for. But now that I've made that realization, I can factor that in to the rejection equation, and be more prepared for it when I start submitting myself again after I've taken my classes.
Mood: Determined, ready to push forward again.
No comments:
Post a Comment