After I posted last night, I still wasn't sleepy, so I went ahead and read the script to sex, lies, and videotape. Holy cow, it's really well written! (Keep in mind I haven't seen the movie yet.) Now for the first time, I get what the big names say (on Inside the Actor's Studio) when they read a script and it reaches out to them, and then they want to create for the audience the same feeling they had when they first read the script. I get when they say that if a script is well written, it makes your job as an actor so much easier.
For my reading experience, I'm sure it was enhanced, becuase I know that James Spader (who I love as an actor since I first saw him in Mannequin, even though I haven't seen very many of his movies) played the role of Graham. I could hear his voice speaking the lines, I could see his facial expressions (a la Alan Shore on Boston Legal). I could see Ann as well, although I don't know Andie MacDowell's work nearly as well.
And I am so glad that I read the script, I understand so much better who Ann is now, and about her relationship with her sister Cynthia. I also have a specific character that I can picture now as Ann speaks about Graham. I know now what they talked about, what they didn't, I am so glad I thought to look for the script on line so I could read it! And I am really looking forward to watching the movie now, to see how closely the movie matches what I imagined when reading the script. (BTW, turns out it's playing on cable this coming Wednesday the 19th, not the Wed. that just was like I thought.)
No comments:
Post a Comment