So I'm reading a back issue of Bob Fraser's Show Biz How-To. (Actually it's Oct 2005 Hollywood How-To, but it's the same magazine with a different title.) Anyhow. On the very first page, in bold blue letters is this quote:
"I’m not going to play a part that doesn’t instill some kind of fear in me. If I read a part and, suddenly, I’m thinking – ‘I’m not sure if I can get away with this. This is kind of silly, kind of humiliating. I’m not good enough. Aesthetically, I’m not right. I see somebody else in it’ – then that’s the one I should do.”
~ Vincent D’Onofrio
Immediately, I start to mentally scream and squirm to get away from it, because that is exactly what I've been thinking about the character in Answers. I squirm with all of my might, but there's no escaping the truth, no matter how uncomfortable and afraid it makes me feel. @$&%!
So. I will go to the audition on Sunday. I will throw myself into the character for better or for worse, appear to be completely confident. GAH! FEEL THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment