A Good Omen

"I've heard it said that people come into our lives
For a reason, bringing something we must learn,
And we are led to those who help us most to grow
If we let them, and we help them in return..."
--Stephen Schwartz, "Wicked"
I promise I will write about my 2 days on the set of Mr. Woodcock, filming "the notorious parade scene", I've got a LOT of interesting stuff to write about. But right now, it's late, my nose and forehead are very pink (even my eyeballs are a little bit sunburned I think) and I'm exhausted from two 12 hour days on the set having gotten up at 3:30 am and getting home at 8pm.
But there is one thing I wanted to write about tonight, while it is still fresh. On the shuttle ride back to my car tonight, I met one of the SAG extras who was sitting on one of the parade floats (right behind Susan Sarandon). Her name is Ava, was so charismatic, her eyes were shining, and she was just so full of positive energy. She started talking to me, and our conversation turned to the acting business. It was so wonderful to talk to her, because she seems to be moving forward with her career, and she has no fear. The fact that I happened to sit next to her on the shuttle bus, and she just has all this wonderful passionate positive energy and experience to share! I got her e-mail, so after I write to her, hopefully she'll keep in touch with me.
The thing she said that really struck home is that you have to be focused on your acting career, or you won't make it. She said she's met a lot of people that say they want an acting career, but they're starting another non-acting business, they've got their attention spread out too thin over too many things. That's exactly what I've been concerned about with acting AND my massage business AND Mary Kay now, it's too much. I've heard it before from other sources, but it's being drummed in again (a good thing) by someone who's taking the steps necessary to move forward in her career.
I had more I wanted to say, but I'm so tired I can hardly think, I'm having a hard time remembering everything we talked about. It just seemed like a really good omen to have met her, like I'm drawing the positive people to me, the people who can help me learn what I need to know to succeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your friend Ava. It's so hard to focus on acting when you are also pulling yourself into other arenas. But then, being a masseuse is a wonderful skill and a profitable trade. I hope you figure out how to balance everything out to meet your dreams.