I got together with my cousin and her boyfriend Sunday anyways to discuss my headshots and take some test shots, so the day wasn’t a total loss. We discovered that the patterned top I got wouldn’t work at all, (which I probably should have known) because the scoop neckline was too low for the close ups, we got just a tiny bit of sleeve that was distracting, and the pattern was too busy for the 3/4 shots. We also got an idea as to which angles will work well, present my character type, etc. One thing I became aware of after the fact was that we sort of lost sight of our goal along the way, which is that the photo has to look like me. We got a few where we said, "Wow, that’s an awesome picture", but thinking back on it, am I really going to look like that when I walk into a room to meet someone for the first time? We also started talking about makeup (I wasn’t wearing any for the test shots) and how we would draw focus to my eyes and get them to pop by using make up, and while there is something to be said for that, I realize we have to keep the photos from going "glamor", and that the pop has to come from me looking out of the photo at the viewer, not from my eye makeup. So I really need to keep that in mind on Sunday when we get down to it. But I'm glad we took the time to do this, things should go a lot faster and smoother.
No comments:
Post a Comment