So, my audition for A Faery Hunt went well today. The director asked me to perform a monologue, so I chose one that I know well, am comfortable with, and connect to strongly, from Life During Wartime by Keith Reddin. I was unsure about using this monologue at first because I am so comfortable with it, I've heard it said that a safe monologue is a boring monologue. But I believe that because I am so comfortable with it, I do connect with it more strongly, and thus give more passion and honesty. I think it went well, despite initial nervousness in the first few lines.
Then the director had me read for two characters: Pilliwiggin the Flower Fairy and then also for Queen Aine, queen of the faeries. (Which surprised me, because I didn't think I'd be appropriate for that role from reading the description of her character.) And personally, I think I did better reading Pilliwiggin than Queen Aine, but the director didn't give a clue as to which she liked better. But she did give me some hints to make my readings better for the call backs. The director of the Los Angeles show will make the final casting decisions at the call back.
It turns out that A Faery Hunt has already been established in Los Angeles for a year now, and I am auditioning for the new Orange County production. YAY! And our stage is the park itself, the children walk through the park and meet the different characters along the way in their quest. The show only runs 30-45 minutes, depending on how much improving and interaction with the children is done by the various characters. And the faeries will be available to go to birthday parties and such, and lead activities (such as making faery flower wreaths) which actually pays more than the show itself.
Anyways, the director gave me a copy of the script to take home, it's only 12 pages long, but it looks like so much fun! I hope, hope, hope I get cast!
No comments:
Post a Comment