So our first rehearsal for A Faery Hunt was yesterday morning, it was so much fun! Everyone in the cast is so friendly and sweet, and we all have a great sense of humor. As we read through the script for the first time, we were cracking jokes every other line, rolling on the floor laughing, it was great! I can see why Queen Aine (pronounced Anya) was cast the way she was, the young woman playing her creates a much warmer character than I did when I read for the role, I really like her characterization. (I really wanted to be Pilliwiggin anyways, it was just interesting to me to note the difference in choices for the character.)
At one point in the script we're supposed to sing a short, sweet song: "Hush be still, don't rock and roll. This lullabye will tame the troll." When we got to that part however, someone started pseudo-screaming the first lines like a heavy metal/grunge singer, it was hilarious. So we all ran with that, and I started head-banging. Bad move. As soon as I stopped, I could feel the back of my neck knotting up. Today, my entire neck has been painfully stiff, but how dorky is that to give yourself whiplash from headbanging?? I'll go to the chiropractor Monday.
Anyhow, rehearsal was great! We met at the director's house, she had muffins and juice for us, and she seems very open to suggestions. We also discussed a lot of the business aspects of the show in addition to reading through the script, and she encouraged us to voice our opinions in regards to that as well. Next week we'll rehearse at the park for the first time.
1 comment:
I am going to be partial and vote for live theater being the best medium to learn/train/grow as an actor. There is no better chance at character development than between you and those who you are chosen to go to war with. I look forward to hearing your Faery Tales.
Best,
Kat
Post a Comment