Okay, so five minutes ago, I submitted myself to work background for a movie project tomorrow, and almost immediately, my cell phone starts to ring. It's the casting director, calling to book me! Yee-haw! Call time isn't until 2:30 pm, (for now) so I get to sleep in a bit tomorrow.
I'll be working on Expired as a coffee shop patron.
Yesterday (Sunday) I finally got my headshots taken, and first glance through on the camera viewer most of them looked pretty good, I think I'll get several working headshots from this. However, I do not actually have the photos yet, Steven wanted to crop & fix them, and put them on a CD for me. Very nice! I'm really excited to be able to really see them, and pick the ones I want to use. And then sign up for the casting sites, such as Now Casting, among several others.
I've also been considering about what I should do regarding being focused on my acting career vs. trying to grow two businesses on the side. A friend of mine pointed out that I could very easily focus on the Mary Kay for now (the next few months) and get a good client base going, that way I'll have extra income in re-orders later on when there is actually more to focus on in my career. As for my massage business, I think I'm going to look into the Los Angeles city ordinances and laws to find out about getting a massage liscence, and what the requirements are to work on a movie set. I've heard that the stars (such as Nicholas Cage) like to have massage therapists on their staff as part of their contract. I'm also looking at the option of moving my business from "day spa" type massage to corporate chair massage, there's a huge market there. The third option is to stay in the office I'm in, but only offer massages in the evenings when the nutritionist doesn't have any more clients, and the office will be quiet. But I think the movie set massage is probably the most in line with my acting career goals. And I can also sell Mary Kay while working as an extra, you meet so many new people on set. Lots to think about.
No comments:
Post a Comment