Positive Counter-action

Okay, in regard to my last post, I am being too hard on myself again, so this is the positive counter-action to help diffuse those negative thoughts and re-inforce new positive thinking patterns.
First of all, I do have the acting tools I need. It's been a long while since I've really used them, and perhaps I never learned to use them well to begin with, so I may be clumsy in their application to start out with, but that's the only way to learn. I have the tools, and I will learn how to use them skillfully.
Second, yes my monologue was in my comfort zone, the activity of feeding the baby was in my comfort zone. The fact that I was able to add layers effortlessly within my comfort zone is a strength. As I grow in skill and expand my comfort zone, that strength will still be there. I have faith that what I accomplished in the audition was only the tip of the iceberg. I am better than I think I am.

No comments: