I decided it would be a good idea to make sure I have a decent hard print of my headshots before I go pasting them up on Now Casting et al. Man oh man oh man oh man!!
I finally figured out how to get the pics to the right size for an 8x10: the number of pixels for the width of the pictures needs to be 80% of the number of pixels for the height, because 8 inches is 80% of 10 inches. (eg. 2500 H x 2000 W) Then, to keep the same ratio when cropping, use the SHIFT key while resizing with the corner arrow. I also figured out how to lighten the pics without loosing color: First increase brightness, then increase contrast. (All of these edits accomplished using Fireworks)
But that is just the beginning! My pictures look beautiful on my computer screen now, but actually getting a decent print is a horse of a different color! Almost literally, because my pictures are printing out all faded and dark and orange. I think this is because I'm using a cheaper non-name brand of ink in my printer, and possibly because I'm printing on Business Gloss paper instead of actual photo paper. I'll stop by Fry's and get the right ink and paper, see the difference it makes in the printing, and go from there. If I can't get the color and the brightness of the photos figured out on my own, I'll have to find a professional who can fix all that stuff and get a good hard print for reproduction.
No comments:
Post a Comment