Okay. I finally got my headshots organized; Got the correct sized files with my name on them, (Thank you for all your help Todd!) uploaded them to Shutterfly, and I've order five matte 8x10s of each (2 headshots and a 3/4 shot, $3.99 per 8x10). The total cost came out to a little bit less than I would have paid for 100 color lithos, but oh well. I don't know that these headshots will work yet, so I guess it's better to only have a few of them, and I got three different pics for the cost instead of 100 prints of just one picture. And it's still cheaper than a couple of other places I checked, where individual 8x10s cost $13 each.
I'm a little bit worried about the quality of the prints, but Shutterfly is supposed to be high quality digital printing, and according to them the resolution of my pics is good for any size up to 20x30. And if I'm not happy with the quality of the prints, Shutterfly has a 100% guarantee. But I noticed they also have a professional photographers section, where the photographer can upload their photos to sell online, and then Shutterfly prints and delivers the photos. And if they're good enough for professional photographers, then I guess I shouldn't worry too much.
I should recieve my order between Saturday and Tuesday. I'm holding my breath!
1 comment:
That is a good idea about the headshots - ordering just a couple at first. I've made the mistake of ordering 250 at a time and hating them by the time I stuffed the third one in an envelope.
AI was lame this week. And I'm going to miss it Tuesday. Grr!
Post a Comment