I just got back from K-Mart, and I'm feeling kinda blah. I went to K-mart to buy a "fitness outfit" for the Body By Jake infomercial tomorrow. I'm supposed to bring 2 outfits, but no black, and guess what, the only fitness clothing I own is a pair of black pants with grey & white stripes down the side.
So at K-mart I found navy blue spandex pants on sale. They're not very tight on me, thank goodness, but they don't fit very well, and so are not very flattering on me. I also found a matching spandex zip jacket, navy blue front and sleeves dark lime green with a couple of white stripes. The outfit is almost cute, but not really. At least it's not black.
I want to clarify my statement in the last post in which I said if I'm doing audience work, I'll be incredibly pissed. All of that frustration is aimed at myself for not asking what kind of work I'd be doing, for assuming that because they called to check my availability I'd be getting an actual part of some sort, silent or otherwise, for allowing my imagination to run with that idea, that it might be something I could put on my resume, and mostly for telling my friends that I was being considered for an actual part. Ever since Tuesday, I'd been bouncing off the walls, "They called to check my availability, I'm being considered for a part!" In my mind I was imagining that I would be the "before" person, or a "not fit exerciser" and maybe they'd paste my face on an "after" body.
Now I just feel stupid, embarassed. And I have issues with audience work, because I did the game show/talk show audience circuit for a month and they treat you like crap! Literally! No bathroom breaks, no food, most days you only earn $25 - $30 because even though you have to hang around for 8 hours, there are three hour breaks between the morning filming and afternoon filming that you don't get paid for. And the one time we did end up working more than 8 hours, they changed our check in time so they wouldn't have to pay us overtime. For me, audience work is like the scum of the pond.
This seems to be different however, it will be a short filming session, call time 8 am and we should be done by 11 am, and my compensation will be much more than the game show/talk show audience work, more even than standard background work. So I should let go of my negative reaction, because there's really not much to be negative about. It's good income for the hours. I'm still disappointed that it's not going to be the opportunity that I thought it would be...is getting an actual role in an infomercial really an opportunity anyways? I don't know. I'm just disappointed now, in the job, in the outfit I bought. Just blah...
1 comment:
Ugh - audience member. Boo. I'm sure you'll make the best of it. You never know who will be there to network or share ideas with.
I LOVE the Gilmore Girls story by the way. Too funny!
Have fun - let us know if Jake does Roids. :)
Post a Comment