Wow, I crashed after finishing background on the last day of filming for that movie, we wrapped at 1:30 am Friday morning. Slept most of Friday afternoon, slept 14 hours Friday night until 12:30 pm today, had some weird frickin dreams, too, hopefully I'm all caught up now.
Anyhow, quick updates on what's been going on, what's coming up:
Thursday on set, most of the afternoon was spent filming Scott Hamilton and Jim Lampley commentating on the figure skating performances for the Stockholm, Denver, and Montreal competitions. For the Denver commentaries, I randomly got seated front row behind Scott Hamilton! The PA instructed those of us in the section behind the commentators, "The camera in front of Hamilton and Lampley is a broadcasting camera. So not only are all of you in our movie, but you're also on TV, and you know you're on TV." As soon as he said that, I got the biggest, goofiest smile on my face, so I just kept that feeling and the smile for the first part of their commentary, staring straight at the broadcast camera, reading the words as they said them, smiling the whole time while fiddling nervously with my prop velvet rose. Then after some in between stuff, we went to the end of the figure skating routine and we all jumped up out of our seats cheering, so I just went nuts (in pantomime!) Cheering, clapping, screaming "Yeah!" I almost started crying at one point, and then I turn to the guy sitting next to me, saying, "That was awesome!" and he looks less than impressed. Stony-faced, clapping slowly. I looked at him like, "What the hell's the matter with you?!?" and gave him a good jab with my elbow to get him into it, and went back to cheering. After a couple of takes like that, one of the PAs came over and said to the guy sitting next to me, "They want you to stop smiling so much, tone it down, I guess they think it looks weird." I was incredibly confused, because I was the one going nuts, and for a moment I thought maybe he was really talking to me (I was really tired at that point.) The PA paused and listened to his radio a moment, and then he did look at me. "The guy down on the ice [one of the assistant directors] says you're doing a great job and to keep it up." So I looked down at the AD, and he grinned at me, pointed to his eyes, then at me, tipped his head to the side as if he were falling asleep, then he elbowed an invisible person next to him, and then he gave me a thumbs up. So I felt really good about that! My brief, shining, featured moment, as my blog friend Kat likes to say, for that moment, I felt like an actor. (And a very well trained Meisner actor at that.) And Marsha, you got your wish in a small, appetizer kind of way: Go see Blades of Glory next year, and I'll be the girl in the faux sheepskin coat and cream turtle-neck sitting directly behind Scott Hamilton in the Denver Nationals competition scene, jumping up and down and going nuts at the end of the routine. Assuming that the Hamilton/Lampley commentaries don't end up on the cutting room floor.
Friday, I met with the musician who contacted me on MySpace. That went pretty well, we went over a few songs he and his previous vocalist had written. Most of his songs are works in progress at this point. I will be responsible for writing the lyrics to most of these songs, which I'm actually grateful for, because most of the lyrics he's written are about sex (non-explicit), so I'll be glad to write about some other stuff. I haven't tried writing lyrics before although I did write some poetry in college, so we'll see how that goes. He also encouraged me to make the songs my own, not to feel that I had to sing the songs the same way his previous vocalist sang them, so that's really awesome, I love making the songs I sing (by other artists, ie karaoke) my own.
And I just got a e-mail a few minutes ago regarding a student short film I submitted to on Now Casting. The e-mail was sent to me and seven other people, the producer and director are looking for more candidates to audition for the lead role, they're holding auditions tomorrow (Sunday) from 12 pm to 2 pm. I am so there! I don't know if "looking for more candidates" means they're not happy with anyone who has auditioned so far and so they're looking at women they wouldn't have considered initially, or if they didn't get a lot of women to audition in the first place. Either way, it opens up the door of opportunity for me, so YAY!
2 comments:
I will see blades of glory. Yeah!!
I will be there too. Cheering and elbowing the people in the theater next to me saying "Tthat's my friend! That's my friend!"
love that you had such a great experience. congrats.
Post a Comment