Okay, so...um...yeah. I printed out my resume, attached it to the back of my headshot with 4 staples, with the front of the staples on the picture side, so that if the staples need to be removed my picture won't get scratched. I wrote a brief, friendly yet professional business letter to Doug, Dan, and Jon Heder. I put it all in an manila envelope, addressed the envelope, put my return address without my name so that if some Hollywood scam artist fishes the envelope out of the trash they won't know who to write to, sealed the envelope, put two stamps on it, and now it's sitting with the rest of tomorrow's outgoing mail.
I'm just a little bit freaked out. What if they don't like my letter, headshot or resume? What if they ignore it? What if they don't? What if, one of these days, I'm sitting somewhere minding my own business and my cell phone rings and I say, "Hello, this is Isabelle!" and the response on the other end is, "Hello, this is Doug [or Dan or Jon] Heder with Greasy Entertainment."
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know what the probability of that actually happening is, but it is a possibility, however slim.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But GO ME for mailing it!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Okay, now that I'm over the initial OMG!!! part of my mailing, a few realistic details have occured to me. First: According to the articles I read, Jon won't be part of the day to day running of the business, plus, Hello?? He's like a big name actor, so there's no chance he'd be the one to call, I feel very blonde for even thinking he might. Second: They probably have a secretary who does the calling for them. See, I'm not so niave about the business once I'm done freaking out about it.
But I printed out the page with the Greasy Entertainment contact info on it, wrote and highlighted on the bottom: "Got Audition! Got Cast!!" The power of dreaming big and thinking positive. Go Izzie!
3 comments:
I think that is AWESOME that you took that step. Good going. It's true - the worst that could happen is no response. But the best that could happen? Well that could be anything. I'm proud of you for taking the chance.
some times you just make me smile. I so want to see you get a part in something so that I can say.. "Hey, I know her."....I know we haven't actually met but still it would be cool. :)
Marsha,
You are so awesome, your comment just makes me smile too! Thanks!
Kat,
Thanks for being there with your super-supportive comments! You're awesome!
Post a Comment