Yee-Haw! Got a call from Central this evening, I've been recalled to work background on the same movie again, for tomorrow and possibly Thursday! Not quite the end yet!
It ain't over until the director sings.
And in other news, a songwriter contacted me on my brand new MySpace page, said he was looking for vocalists to work with, and he'd be interested in working with me. (!!) We just spoke on the phone, he writes mostly alternative rock similar to Dave Matthews Band, he has a small studio, and he's interested in performance opportunities, he'd love to tour. He asked me about my background in singing, I told him I've had some training, but other than singing for myself and karaoke every once in a while, I haven't really had any performance experience, but that I was interested in giving it a try. He also asked if I write my own music, again I had to say "No", but it's a thought I've had in the back of my head for many years. So we've tentatively set up to meet on Friday to "jam a little bit, record a little bit, see if we can make some good music together."
I'm not sure if he's looking for someone to co-write with, I never took music theory or composition, which is why I've never written anything even though the thought has been in my mind. Guess we'll find out when we meet. I will use appropriate caution in meeting him, and our first "jam session" will be my "audition" I'm guessing. I asked him if he knew what type of vocals he was looking for, he said he was open, and asked what kind of music I liked to sing, so I told him musical theater, new age, ballads, jazz/swing, some rock.
If this works out, it'll be a lot of fun! :-P
It ain't over until the director sings.
And in other news, a songwriter contacted me on my brand new MySpace page, said he was looking for vocalists to work with, and he'd be interested in working with me. (!!) We just spoke on the phone, he writes mostly alternative rock similar to Dave Matthews Band, he has a small studio, and he's interested in performance opportunities, he'd love to tour. He asked me about my background in singing, I told him I've had some training, but other than singing for myself and karaoke every once in a while, I haven't really had any performance experience, but that I was interested in giving it a try. He also asked if I write my own music, again I had to say "No", but it's a thought I've had in the back of my head for many years. So we've tentatively set up to meet on Friday to "jam a little bit, record a little bit, see if we can make some good music together."
I'm not sure if he's looking for someone to co-write with, I never took music theory or composition, which is why I've never written anything even though the thought has been in my mind. Guess we'll find out when we meet. I will use appropriate caution in meeting him, and our first "jam session" will be my "audition" I'm guessing. I asked him if he knew what type of vocals he was looking for, he said he was open, and asked what kind of music I liked to sing, so I told him musical theater, new age, ballads, jazz/swing, some rock.
If this works out, it'll be a lot of fun! :-P
1 comment:
Myspace is behaving badly. I tried to add you as a friend twice...I'll try again later when I get home from work
Post a Comment