Don't know what to write about anymore

So yesterday on the set was fun. They played party music in the morning while the crew was setting up for the first shot, in the evening the PAs invited some of the background actors out onto the ice to sing; the first woman was really good, but the others were kind of karaoke.
And after lunch I finally woke up enough to actually find some new friends to hang out with. It was kind of weird actually, because immediately after lunch I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open, so I "napped" between takes, and then after a while, all of a sudden, BOINK! Okay, I'm awake now! And not only was I awake, I felt almost hyper, I did not want to sit still, I was going a little bit stir crazy in the seats. (I've been walking around holding for a good 20 minutes in the mornings after eating breakfast, and taking vitamins this week, and I got a good 6 hours of sleep the night before, maybe all of that is what created that BOINK!)
So since I was awake and energized, I actually found a couple of new friends to play poker with, each hand we bet something different: Taco Bell food, current movies, colors, sports, music bands, actors, pets/animals (a chipmunk with a bag of nuts). Then one of my new friends got moved, so the two of us that were left played Rummy, which I have never played before, and is not quite the same thing as Rummy Cubes, which I have played before.
But I miss playing eye tag. It seems that is forbidden now, making that person very uncomfortable, and I feel bad about that. (Which is another reason I was very glad to find friends to keep me occupied.)
Okay, to be honest, at this point I'm a little bit at a loss about what to write. After I deleted those last two posts, another good reason occured to me as to why I should never have posted it in the first place. If my goal is to be a professional actor, it occured to me that writing anything about the actors that is not professional keeps me unprofessional. One of the things we learned in the Business Class in Boot Camp II was when we go in to audition, we need to present ourselves as a professional who can contribute to the project and be a part of their team, not as "Oh, I hope they like me." Writing in my blog about unprofessional stuff is not only disrespectful to the professional actors, it also keeps me separated from them. Still got a lot to learn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We mark muddy waters here. Writing about our work we don't have the same freedoms as Ed from Accounting.

What are we to do?