Ceh-Meh-Ra

I'm almost in tears. I'd forgotten over the summer how much I *love* How I Met Your Mother. It is easily and by far my favorite show, maybe ever. (It's at least tied with Slings & Arrows for that honor.) I finally got to see last season's final episode today, I missed it before because there were two other season finales on at the same time. Every single episode, in addition to making me laugh, either gives me warm fuzzies or makes me tear up or both. And as soon as I'm done watching an episode, I want to turn around and watch it all over again. This episode, Ted surprises Robin in her apartment with a string quartet and hundreds of red roses to declare his love for her, I was crying as soon as he opened the door for her because it was so beautiful and romantic, and then by the end of the episode, I was crying again because Marshall and Lily broke up 3 months before their wedding. And Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) is always laugh out loud funny. And the show is only a half hour sitcom, people! And I don't cry easily. I'm so so glad the new season starts next week, I can't wait!
So, as for the movie I've been working background on, they decided they didn't need us today after all. I heard rumors that there would be work available again on Wed and Thurs but we'd need to call in to Central and book it as a separate job, it wasn't a recall. So I called Central this morning, and they're only looking for a specific set of people to be recalled (after all) that wasn't me, at least so far.
It felt really weird and sad leaving the set last night. I kept thinking, "I'm really not supposed to come back? I'm not misunderstanding?" And I was a little bit sad realizing that this particular experience is over.
But yesterday was an awesome day to end on. I actually felt more or less rested when I got to set, and so spent the morning softly singing selections from Gilbert & Sullivan's The Pirates of Penzance and The Mikado to myself while my two friends napped, and then later in the afternoon my friend and I pretended to be foreigners who could hardly speak English. She spoke with a Chinese accent, I spoke with a German accent, and we were trying to teach each other English with our horrible accents, it was frickin hilarious! We were both laughing so hard we were crying and could hardly breathe, especially when someone sitting in front of us turned around and tried to help us with the pronunciation of camera. My friend, with her Chinese accent, was saying "Cam-wah." I, with my German accent was saying, "Ceh-meh-ra." So the woman in front of us turned around and said helpfully, "It's ca-mra. Maybe if you both say it together. Ca-mra."
So, here are some more of my favorite memories from the set from Montreal:
They were filming audience reactions, and so the stand in's for JH and WF were shouting the lines to each other from across the ice, and JH's stand in was actually acting the lines! He put himself in the circumstances and allowed himself to react, I loved it!

No comments: