Weekend Performances

Our performance for A Faery Hunt! was good this weekend, small audience again, but everyone loved the show. There was one sweet, smart girl about 9 or 10 I guess, who just got totally into the show, interacting with us, bringing us faery treasures in between vingettes (sp???). And Cynthia's husband was taking pictures, so I'll have pics from the show to share soon!
But I was massively brain dead Saturday morning. I got lost driving to the park. You'd think I'd know how to get there by now, but my internal GPS just refused to work. I called (thought I called) Cynthia's cell phone in a panic, turns out I called her house, which was better because her husband answered the phone and was able to Mapquest my location and tell me how to get to the park from there. And I wasn't really that far from the park, I had just turned down a street that I don't usually turn down and so didn't recognize anything.
And then, I got lost again after the show getting back to the freeway. Took a nice tour of Westminster before I finally found the freeway. Yikes!
As for The Don Juan Project, having two weeks away from the show really made a difference: The show had been good before, but everyone in the cast was so much more alive this weekend, more connected to their objectives, to each other, more free and honest in their acting, it was totally awesome to see! And it has come to my attention that a few (so I must assume all) in the cast have been reading my blog in regard to the show, so I want to say something nice about each of them, because I've been admiring and enjoying everyone's performance every night. (I'm just going to go straight down the cast list.)
So, Don Juan (Bradley): I've already written a bunch about you, you're an awesome actor, love your performance!
Sganarelle (Robert): I love that you find unique and creative ways to express your character, the mispronunciation of words, physical movement, so much fun to watch!
Guy In Charge (Patti): You've got awesome energy on stage, and I love your Director and your Drunken Poet, and this weekend your performance was especially alive--loved it!
Scribe (Steven): This weekend, you really brought the Scribe to life, finding moments of creative expression throughout the play, gleefully evil at the end of Act One and the beginning of Act Two, then compassionate towards the end--awesome!
Mr. Dumpty (Brandon): I love that you find moments to connect with the other actors, such as the fist bump to congratulate John for suggesting Martha Stewart Living. You find so many of those moments, it's awesome!
Dona Elvira (Kalinda): I just love watching everything about your performance, honesty, energy, creative expression, and I love all the new stuff you brought to the character this weekend!
Mr. Pan (John Bailey): You are hysterical with your Peter Pan, your Don Juan, love it all!
Man (Frank): I really enjoy watching your performance as well, your energy on stage, you bring something different to each of your characters. I love your Don Johnson and your Drunken Poet. I especially like your monologue at the end of Act Two, the honesty you give it.
Woman (Darri): I love that you also bring something different to each of your characters, with honesty and creativity.
Everyone is doing a great job with this show, and I apologize for not writing my thoughts on that sooner. I really love Act One where most of you get the chance to shine, it's so funny. Break a leg, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aaahh! very nicely said. I'm sure your friends will appreciate the thoughts. I was looking at your links I didn't know you sold Mary Kay. I love that stuff. Although I haven't bought any in a couple of years. When was the last time my husband and I went out on a date?...uummmmm.... we went out on our 20th aniversary last year. I wore make-up then...Ignore me..I'm rambling. The coffee is still brewing.