So this weekend: The Don Juan Project closed on Saturday, I'm actually very relieved because that was a big stressor time-wise for me, between getting up 6 am every morning during the week to go to class, and then having to stay up until 11pm Friday night to run sound, and then be up again early Saturday morning for the Faery Hunt.
And I realized with shock that I'm half-way through the Actor's Boot Camp already! Only two weeks left! =( I really hope I get into Boot Camp II, I'm not ready to be finished learning this stuff yet. Boot Camp II is by invitation or audition only.
And last night, J. called and left a message for me during the Don Juan show. He said he was concerned about what happened between us on stage on Thursday, and that he hoped I was managing alright with the inner processing of all that, and that if I needed to talk about it I could call him. (How sweet is that??) I called him back and told him I was very happy he called, and we talked about how we had only been working on stage. He said, "Off stage everything can be the same, we can still be friends, but on stage watch out! I'm learning too, you know!" I am so glad that he still trusts me personally, because I really like him as a person, he's fun.
AND one of the other guys from class called me at pretty much the same time and invited me to go have drinks with him and a few other people from class. I couldn't go because I was running sound for Don Juan, but that really helped put my mind at ease about my fear that nobody trusted me anymore.
And now lots to write about A Faery Hunt! O.C. -- Last weekend we ended up cancelling the show because we only had one reservation, so Cynthia thought it would be a good idea to go to South Coast Plaza and distribute flyers there, since apparently we didn't have any publicity outside the city of Huntington Beach. Cynthia hadn't gotten permission to distribute flyers, we just decided to show up in costume and start handing out. And to be honest, I was in a persnickity mood from physical and emotional fatigue, so I didn't bring my costume in to the mall because I didn't have a bag to hide it in, so after Cynthia and Myra got into costume, I took Cynthia's bag to my car to get mine. And to be honest, I also had a hunch that security was going to put a stop to it as soon as they discovered us, and sure enough by the time I got back from my car with my costume, security was standing over them. He escorted us to the management office where we spoke to the weekend secretary, so he could give our flyer to the appropriate person for approval. Of course that person wouldn't be in until Monday, so we had to leave. But they were able to hand out some flyers, and I think people's curiosity were piqued because they were walking through the mall in costume.
Yesterday's show went really well, we had 10 children, plus Debbie (creator and writer of the show) was there. Everyone really enjoyed the show, although some of the kids got scared by the Troll, and ran to their parents crying. After the show, Debbie gave us feedback to improve the show, and it turns out we had gotten an old copy of the script that described the troll as a scary character, which is why the children were crying. We also need to really improve the interactivity with the children. We've got some, but Debbie really wants the children to be as much a part of the show as we are. She gave us each DVDs of the LA show so we can see what we're aiming for, and get better ideas on how to get the children involved.
It also turns out that Debbie has been in contact with the Girl Scouts Council, and they now have a Faery Expert Badge (or something like that) that the girls can earn by coming to see our show. And Cynthia has been checking into bringing the show into local schools, and it turns out our show meets a good chunk (60%??-I don't remember the exact amount Cynthia said) of the schools theatre arts requirements, and with some adjusting will meet 80% of the requirements. So there's much more going on with this show than I realized at first, it's really awesome!
Yesterday's show went really well, we had 10 children, plus Debbie (creator and writer of the show) was there. Everyone really enjoyed the show, although some of the kids got scared by the Troll, and ran to their parents crying. After the show, Debbie gave us feedback to improve the show, and it turns out we had gotten an old copy of the script that described the troll as a scary character, which is why the children were crying. We also need to really improve the interactivity with the children. We've got some, but Debbie really wants the children to be as much a part of the show as we are. She gave us each DVDs of the LA show so we can see what we're aiming for, and get better ideas on how to get the children involved.
It also turns out that Debbie has been in contact with the Girl Scouts Council, and they now have a Faery Expert Badge (or something like that) that the girls can earn by coming to see our show. And Cynthia has been checking into bringing the show into local schools, and it turns out our show meets a good chunk (60%??-I don't remember the exact amount Cynthia said) of the schools theatre arts requirements, and with some adjusting will meet 80% of the requirements. So there's much more going on with this show than I realized at first, it's really awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment