And the really stupid thing is, the standard DVD player in the living room doesn't like any computer DVDs at all. So I can't watch it there, either.
AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Anybody know if there's a patch I can download to fix this??
_____________________________________________________
Okay, I found some new stuff out. First of all, I realized maybe this isn't a Mac/MS problem after all. I figured it actually probably has something to do with my DVD-ROM itself, so I googled my DVD-ROM brand to see if there were any patches. I found a discussion board with someone saying that their DVD-ROM wouldn't play DVDs since they upgraded to Windows XP. And now that I think back, I've had the same problem, the DVD program had started freezing after 10 minutes of playing a standard movie DVD. Anyhow, the responses on the discussion board suggested that DVD Codec needed to be downloaded. So, I found the DivX Codec page, and I've asked my sister to download it for me since she has DSL at her place and I have dial up. And I really don't know if that's going to solve the problem, but at least it's a possible solution. We shall see.
1 comment:
I am so glad I have a husband that knows his way around a computer. This type of problem would have stumped me. Good luck...and thanks for the nice note on my blog. You have been added to the people I like to read.
Post a Comment