So, I won't be auditioning for Into The Woods after all.
I was working on breaking down the song I'd picked, finding objectives etc like I would for any monologue, and then I started questioning my song choice, should I get it transposed, etc etc etc, generally driving myself nuts like I always do. I was discussing my worries with my family, and my dad, wanting to help, went online and found StageAgent.com, which gives the vocal ranges required for each of the characters in any given musical. So it turns out that every single one of the female characters in Into The Woods must hit High F, with the exception of Florinda the Stepsister, who must hit a High E.
When I was vocalizing this morning, I was actually hitting a High F sharp, but I wasn't hitting it well. And actually trying to sing a word on that note just completely shuts my throat down. So, I don't have the necessary vocal range, there's no point in auditioning. I'm sure if I had been practicing my singing consistently, I'd be able to get that note into my range, but it's not going to happen before Monday.
1 comment:
aaahhh! so sorry....I will keep my fingers crossed that something even better comes a long.
Post a Comment