Reality Bites

That small hopeful light in the romantic department that I lit on Monday has been slowly getting dimmer and dimmer over the last few days, and tonight it went out completely. Apparently, what I took to be a realistic possibility wasn't a possibility at all. I feel foolish & embarrassed that I wrote about that "small hopeful light" in the first place.
Insanity is doing things exactly the same way and expecting the results to be different. I feel like I must be a complete idiot to allow myself to hope every time I see a possibility, (maybe even to look for possibilities to begin with), no matter how tempered my hopes are. The results never change.

1 comment:

motivation4u said...

Ever heard the phrase--"Hope against Hope.."?
May you hope so much that what you hope for becomes a definite plan of action for getting there.
-What do you want most?
-What's in your way?
-What you miss out on by not taking action towards it's fulfillment?
-How great would you feel if it were happening now?
It's time to turn hopes into definiteness of purpose!
Have a Great Day!
-Jacob
www.thinkgreat.info