Teaser

So I called to confirm for Mr. Woodcock today, to be part of the parade crowd, on Monday and Tuesday. (BTW, I was also officially booked for Mr. Woodcock on Weds as well, for a different scene, "the Rotary scene".) So Monday, my call time is 5:30 am. Which means I get to leave my house at 4 am. Lovely! I don't mind though, the world seems so different that early in the morning. Wardrobe is simple casual Midwestern (Sears, JC Penny's, K-mart, Walmart) muted fall colors, cowboy hats, baseball caps, jeans. So at least I get to be comfortable. Wear one, bring two for non-union (that's me!) I'm taking a thin burgandy sweater with pale pink trim, a heather gray long-sleeved T-shirt, and (if I can find it) a dark plum colored long sleeved ribbed T-shirt with a bunch of small dark buttons part way down the front. I think I'll put my hair back in simple barretts, or maybe a pony-tail, I haven't decided yet. Simple "invisible" make-up: brown eyeliner under upper eyelashes only, lightly applied brown mascara, touch of cream blush on my cheeks, and natural colored lip liner and gloss.
Since it's such a long drive out there, (60 minutes) and a two day booking, I'm going to put it out to the Universe that I make a couple of friends on set who live closer than I do who will invite me to stay the night at their place.
Also, I went to Ross yesterday, and found three tops to wear for my headshots tomorrow. They're all young and feminine, since I look like I'm in my early 20's I figure I ought to wear younger looking clothing. And the feminine style compliments the innocent character type I want to portray. One is a white top, I hope that will be okay because since the focus will be on my face, I can use bolder colors. The second top is sort of brown/tan colored with a fairly busy but muted pattern (paisly, leopard print, and dark pink roses). I believe that the pattern is muted enough not to distract, and it actually compliments my hair color very well, I think it will end up creating a nice frame for my face. (Of course I may end up seeing the photos and screaming, What on earth was I thinking??) The third top is a spring green color, which may very well turn out too bright, but thought I'd give it a try. If it's yucky, the pics are digital and we can delete them before we do too many in that top. I really wanted to find a blue or pink top to wear, blue will bring out my eyes, pink won't wash me out. I have a light blue top with a white collar, I'm thinking of taking some pics in that, wearing my glasses, young intelligent business casual? We shall see, we shall see!
And now, here's the teaser part: a small snippet of the story I've been writing (in pseudo-script style, as if watching a movie). I've been wanting to put this up for a few days, but now that I'm actually putting it here, it's scaring the crap out of me, what if it's no good? Ah, feel the fear and do it anyway. Please keep in mind this is only a first draft, comments and constructive critisims are welcome! Story so far: Jeremy is a werewolf, and he accidentally bit Gabby when they spent the night together and he discovered the bite the next morning, but didn't tell her what it meant at the time. This scene takes place a couple of weeks later.
Scene 2
There is a knock at the door. Gabby opens it to find Jeremy standing there.
GABBY: What are you doing here?
Jeremy hesitates, avoids making eye contact with her.
GABBY: Jeremy?
Jeremy meets her eyes, finally.
JEREMY: I have something I need to tell you. Can I come in?
Gabby studies him a moment, then opens the door wide. Jeremy steps in nervously. Gabby shuts the door behind him. Gabby faces him, arms crossed.
GABBY: Okay, what’s going on?
JEREMY: First of all, I’m really sorry I didn’t return your calls. I was freaked out about hurting you...and about how I feel about you. I haven’t allowed myself to care about anyone like this in a very long time, and my feelings for you were-are-so strong, they scare me.
GABBY: (angry) Well, I haven’t cared about anyone like this in a long time either. And then when you didn’t call, I felt really stupid for caring so much. I wish you would have returned even one of my calls. What was I supposed to think?
JEREMY: I am so sorry. If I could go back and do it differently, then I would. This whole thing was just so unexpected, I didn’t know how to handle it.
GABBY: What whole thing? How can caring about someone be such a big deal?
JEREMY: Because of what you don’t know about me. Because of what I’ve done to you.
Gabby stares at him.
GABBY: What have you done to me? Oh, god, you are HIV positive aren’t you, you lying bastard!
JEREMY: No, I’m not, I swear! I told you that before.
GABBY: Then what?
Jeremy looks directly into her eyes.
JEREMY: I need to show you. And I need you to trust me.
GABBY: You need me to trust you, just like that.
Jeremy slips his arm around her waist and draws her in, kissing her gently and passionately. He looks into her eyes again.
JEREMY: I’m not leaving you again, I promise. Please trust me.
A couple of tears slide down Gabby’s cheeks, and she nods. Jeremy wipes the tears away from her cheek with his thumb.
Copyright 2006 Isabelle Palmer

No comments: