So, in regard to Hollywood OS, there have been a few notices that I'm appropriate for since I wrote last. I've been submitting myself, but have not yet been booked for anything. I don't know if that's because I'm too slow to submit because I don't have access to the internet until the evening, or if it's because I have an Orange County phone number, and the LA people don't want to call long distance to book me, or if they don't like my picture because I look goofy, or if it is a combination of those reasons, or another reason completely that I am not aware of. I've decided that the problem is not Hollywood OS itself, as I wrote in my last post. I remember a few years ago, when I was signed up with Central Casting, my booking agent wasn't getting me any bookings, so I tried to book myself, and I came upon the same problem. Not enough postings that I was appropriate for, and the ones I was appropriate for, I wasn't able to get through and get booked. So. No call back on the things I submitted myself for earlier this week, I've just submitted myself for a couple of more upcoming things, so somethings gotta come through one of these days. (I am so sick of freaking data entry!)
Wonderful news! My cousin's boyfriend is an excellent photographer, and he will be taking my headshot photos this Sunday!! WOO-HOO!! I'm bartering a massage for his time. He's not a professional photographer, but Christel (my cousin) says he's now the non-official photographer for the professional swing dancing team she's on, and he's taken some amazing photos. He has an extremely high grade digital camera, with a focus factor of 8 or 9, so the pictures should print sharp as a 8x10 photo. I know Bob Fraser says in his book, Headshot Secrets Revealed, it's extremely important to get a professional photographer, period, but the way I figure it, if Steven's a good photographer and can get the look of the photos I need, and I can do my part of the photo session well, then I may be able to get a working headshot out of this. And even if don't, (which I may not get with a professional either, for the first 2 or 3 shoots, per Bob), then I can still look at it as a practice session, saving me the $300 per shoot I'd be paying for a professional. So the way I look at it, it's a win-win from all directions.
So I'm very happy about that, especially since I was really beating up on myself when I realized a couple of days ago that the money I scraped together to invest into Mary Kay could have been scraped together for headshots, and I'd just set myself back from being able to afford headshots for at least another 3 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment