I've pretty much fallen off the bandwagon. It's been getting harder and harder to find the motivation and make the time to write what I'm eating down and to exercise. And this last week especially, I've been way too pre-occupied. I did weigh myself yesterday anyways, and I was down to 213. But I also had hardly eaten anything the previous 2-3 days due to stress and being pre-occupied. (I forgot to eat. Not a good thing.) I ate well yesterday and today, however.
I don't plan on giving up on my exercising, however. I think if I can stick to that plan, even if I'm not writing what I'm eating down or watching my calories as closely, I will still be able to loose weight, hopefully at a more reasonable pace, none of this lose 4 pounds, gain 2, loose 5 stuff. Not that I was trying to loose weight that way, I know that's not healthy.
I've been feeling very alive this last week, however. I think somehow between the stress of trying to get my new Mary Kay business started, the excitment of having signed up to do extra work, having found that Conservatory program, and the joy of writing again, I've brought myself to life.
I am a little bit frustrated with Hollywood OS at the moment, however. So far I've only seen one or two casting notices total that I'd be appropriate for, never mind on the days that I'm available. They seem to have very few notices for extras, very few notices period, approximately 5 new notices a day. Which sucks, because I really like the people there, and I think their internet set-up is awesome, except for one thing. The way their system is set up, I submit myself for a project and then the CD calls me back if they want to book me. If a CD needs even 15-20 extras for a show, that's a lot of phone calls for them to make. I can see why most of the TV shows and films go with Central Casting; there it is entirely up to me to get the booking, not the CD. I have to take the time to listen to the pre-recorded casting notices, I have to take the time to get through to the CD on the phone to submit myself, and then the CD says yes or no. (Or I have to hire a booking agent to do that work for me.) The CD's don't have to pick up the phone at all. So I'm thinking I may have jumped the gun, signing up for a year subscription with Hollywood OS, unfortunately. And I have no idea how they (Hollywood OS) could possibly fix that problem, unless they took it to an Instant Messaging type deal, and we all know how reliable the internet can be sometimes, especially on dial-up. Good old fashioned phone lines don't have that problem. *sigh*
Part of me thinks I haven't even been signed up with Hollywood OS for a week yet, and I should give it a little bit longer, see if anything changes. But another part of me feels like I had already put off getting into the extra work so long, and that, given the logic above, I should just cancel with Hollywood OS, join the Central Casting cattle call again, and get myself a booking agent.
No comments:
Post a Comment