A Blaze of Glory

So the fate of Daisy, my blue Toyota Tercel, has been determined. I decided to sell her to Pick-A-Part, that way I could get a little bit of money for her. So last night, I signed the title and gave it to my uncle, who would take care of it for me.

But here's the good part: My uncle's brother (My Uncle-in-law? My mom's sister's husband's brother...um?????) Anyhow, my uncle's brother decided to buy the car from me for the same amount I would have gotten from Pick-A-Part, and he's gonna put a used engine in her, and race her as a "Beater". I guess that means they're racing old, beat up cars, or the cars are gonna get a beating during the race. Apparently the track is really old and full of pot holes. The contestants are only allowed to put $500 into the car to make it race-able. And the winner gets bragging rights only, there are no other prizes involved.

This fate pleases me greatly. I bought Daisy brand new in 1994, and she's been a reliable little car, I've had adventures in that car. Daisy drove cross country with me from California to the Grand Canyon, then from there on to Colorado, and then back again to California. I did some easy off-roading with her on occasion, and she was much better at it than I expected. So the thought of her becoming a race car for one race before she gets scrapped makes me happy. She'll go out in a blaze of glory!

1 comment:

magickat said...

Go Daisy Go! Sweet deal that she gets to live on as a whole!