ACK!!
The LiveMansion Round 3 Real Time clock has been screwed up since Jan 1st, it was showing 391 days left in the Round. But today, I go to the site and THERE ARE ONLY 19 DAYS LEFT IN THE ROUND!! And I don't have my videos up yet! Holy CRAP!! I knew it was somewhere around 3 weeks left, but somehow 19 days makes it seem so much shorter.
The good news is, I got Sabrina's monologue filmed today! It only took 7 hours. (!!) Actually, 5 hours if you take out the coffee break, dinner break, and the 20 minute round trip drive to my cousin's boyfriend's house to get the plug cable for the camera because the battery had died. But I got it filmed! HUZZAH! The first 4 1/2 hours were spent working with my cousin, bouncing creative and constructive ideas off each other for Mee-gan's character, playing with ideas, testing them out on video, since my first try earlier this week came out so horribly. My cousin actually has a very good eye for the things I was doing physically that were bringing my performance down. Such as not using my facial expressions as much as I could. Or habitually moving my hands in a wandering, unfocused manner.
The biggest thing is my chin. I actually spotted this while I was filming Sabrina's monologue, and I've worked on it some, but it will take a while to create the correct physical habit. (Such as learning the most flattering way to smile for a photograph.) So, my chin. When I am speaking either monologue, I was in the habit of pausing between lines holding my mouth open or in a specific expression, so the muscles in my chin are tense and my chin looks crumpled. It looks really bad on film. So I need to work on that. It isn't too bad in my two monologues, but it still needs work to become a habit.
Back to today's filming. The last half hour was spent trying to get a clean take. Part of this was due to my flubbing my lines much more than I'd like to admit, much more that I thought I would have for having it memorized. For some stupid reason, there were two specific lines that I kept switching in the monologue. Other factors were ambient noise in the house created by the grandfather clock chiming every 15 minutes, the dogs barking or running past on the tile floor with clicking toe-nails, or very rarely, someone making noise in another part of the house, unaware that we were actually filming, and not just rehearsing as we had been for the last 5 hours. In the take I've decided to use, there is actually a little bit of toe-nails clicking, and pots clanking in the kitchen, but it was a really good take, so we decided to keep it, and call it a day.
The other good news is I will be house-sitting for six days next week, and the owners have high-speed internet. Which means I will have full access to use the computer for the LiveMansion contest, watching videos and voting, with no time limits other than working, sleeping, eating, and my own sanity. I hope it will be enough for me to collect the votes I need to get into the final round.
The LiveMansion Round 3 Real Time clock has been screwed up since Jan 1st, it was showing 391 days left in the Round. But today, I go to the site and THERE ARE ONLY 19 DAYS LEFT IN THE ROUND!! And I don't have my videos up yet! Holy CRAP!! I knew it was somewhere around 3 weeks left, but somehow 19 days makes it seem so much shorter.
The good news is, I got Sabrina's monologue filmed today! It only took 7 hours. (!!) Actually, 5 hours if you take out the coffee break, dinner break, and the 20 minute round trip drive to my cousin's boyfriend's house to get the plug cable for the camera because the battery had died. But I got it filmed! HUZZAH! The first 4 1/2 hours were spent working with my cousin, bouncing creative and constructive ideas off each other for Mee-gan's character, playing with ideas, testing them out on video, since my first try earlier this week came out so horribly. My cousin actually has a very good eye for the things I was doing physically that were bringing my performance down. Such as not using my facial expressions as much as I could. Or habitually moving my hands in a wandering, unfocused manner.
The biggest thing is my chin. I actually spotted this while I was filming Sabrina's monologue, and I've worked on it some, but it will take a while to create the correct physical habit. (Such as learning the most flattering way to smile for a photograph.) So, my chin. When I am speaking either monologue, I was in the habit of pausing between lines holding my mouth open or in a specific expression, so the muscles in my chin are tense and my chin looks crumpled. It looks really bad on film. So I need to work on that. It isn't too bad in my two monologues, but it still needs work to become a habit.
Back to today's filming. The last half hour was spent trying to get a clean take. Part of this was due to my flubbing my lines much more than I'd like to admit, much more that I thought I would have for having it memorized. For some stupid reason, there were two specific lines that I kept switching in the monologue. Other factors were ambient noise in the house created by the grandfather clock chiming every 15 minutes, the dogs barking or running past on the tile floor with clicking toe-nails, or very rarely, someone making noise in another part of the house, unaware that we were actually filming, and not just rehearsing as we had been for the last 5 hours. In the take I've decided to use, there is actually a little bit of toe-nails clicking, and pots clanking in the kitchen, but it was a really good take, so we decided to keep it, and call it a day.
The other good news is I will be house-sitting for six days next week, and the owners have high-speed internet. Which means I will have full access to use the computer for the LiveMansion contest, watching videos and voting, with no time limits other than working, sleeping, eating, and my own sanity. I hope it will be enough for me to collect the votes I need to get into the final round.
No comments:
Post a Comment