I've spent the last two days straight promoting myself on LiveMansion. Yeesh! But I think it's paying off. I've gotten over 40 votes for the role of Mee-gan already. Thank you to those of you who have voted for me!
I'm trying very hard not to panic, or think that I won't be able to get enough votes. I'm guessing I need at least 200 votes to get into the Top 3, maybe more. And as of tomorrow there are only 9 days left in the Round. I've been getting a lot of positive feedback on Mee-gan's monologue, but I still can't help thinking that my performance isn't as polished as it could be. There are some very polished, professional actors in the running for all of the roles. My skills aren't quite up there yet, in my own opinion. But perhaps the only thing that needs to be corrected with my own performance is taking more time, not rushing. That's what I heard all the time from my instructors last summer, and one of the directors also gave me that feedback on Mee-gan's monologue. But I must also keep in mind that this is only my audition performance, not the final performance. If and when I get to the next round, there will be time (and a director's help) to further develop Mee-gan.
I'm trying very hard not to panic, or think that I won't be able to get enough votes. I'm guessing I need at least 200 votes to get into the Top 3, maybe more. And as of tomorrow there are only 9 days left in the Round. I've been getting a lot of positive feedback on Mee-gan's monologue, but I still can't help thinking that my performance isn't as polished as it could be. There are some very polished, professional actors in the running for all of the roles. My skills aren't quite up there yet, in my own opinion. But perhaps the only thing that needs to be corrected with my own performance is taking more time, not rushing. That's what I heard all the time from my instructors last summer, and one of the directors also gave me that feedback on Mee-gan's monologue. But I must also keep in mind that this is only my audition performance, not the final performance. If and when I get to the next round, there will be time (and a director's help) to further develop Mee-gan.

No comments:
Post a Comment