"Success is moving from failure to failure without loosing your enthusiasm."
This is the quote I got from Show Biz U as an answer to my question about my acting career. (Can't find the paper, so I don't remember off hand who said it; General Patton, maybe?) Anyhow, as much as I hope that my entire acting career will not be moving from failure to failure, this quote seems particularly appropriate for my Week 2 National Body Challenge results: I still haven't lost any weight. I felt like I was working hard this week, but apparently not hard enough. I got my calorie intake under better control this week, I was only over by 100-200 cal most days (as opposed to 400-500 Week 1). I felt like I was exercising more this week, as well, at least I was taking a LOT more steps around the office Mon thru Weds. But as for the real exercising, I worked out at least 40 minutes 5 days this past week. I think this upcoming week, I need to focus on getting a full 60 minutes every single day.
I know this seems like the hard way to loose weight. Most fitness programs recommend dropping calories to 1500 cal/day plus exercise (although at that calorie level you don't need to exercise to loose weight), but I'm really really not big on depriving myself of food, especially if I'm exercising. So I'm choosing to keep my calories at 2000 per day, and do the exercise required to burn off 500 cal/day. Which in my mind is the better choice anyway since fitness is the goal, and weight loss is a benefit of that.
*sigh*
"Success is moving from failure to failure without loosing your enthusiasm."
"See the tiny turtle crawling up the hill.
Seems to you and me she's nearly standing still.
Though the steps she takes are infinitely small,
It's a step in the right direction after all!"
No comments:
Post a Comment