I tried to post the following earlier, without success and now I know why! Read below first:
All Flights Have Been Delayed
I started working on memorizing my lines today, in the 15 minute morning and afternoon breaks at work, walking in place while I was doing that, so I wouldn't loose out on my 20 minutes of exercise.
But just as I arrived home from work, Yvonne the director called me, cancelling rehearsal tonight. Apparently the actors playing Bernard and Janet (the American flight attendant) have quit the show, and we didn't have a Robert yet to begin with, and we can't do any blocking without those characters. So I guess rehearsals are on hold until we can get the rest of the roles filled. Yvonne seems to have contacted everyone she knows and come up with nobody. I don't know about the others in the cast, if they've already contacted all their friends. I sent out a message to all of my friends/acquaintances earlier this evening, to see if maybe they know anybody. I did the same for Honeymoon... and didn't get any response, but I'm hoping, hoping, hoping that somehow, we'll pull this one off, the way we did with Honeymoon...
* * * * *
So now at 9:24pm, I've just checked my voicemail, and there was another message from Yvonne, we have found a Bernard/Robert!! (The actor is reading the script tonight to decide which role he wants.) WOO-HOO!! One down, two to go! At least we're having rehearsal tomorrow night!
No comments:
Post a Comment