Gloomy

Today is gloomy. I'm still feeling down because the play got cancelled. I've looked at the OC Theater Audition List, and there's nothing currently casting nearby.

And I had two new massage clients scheduled today, the first new clients (the first clients period) that I've had in several weeks. Okay, I guess that's not really true, I just checked my sales reciepts and I had one new client last week as well. But it sure feels like it's been longer. Anyhow, one of the clients cancelled a few hours before her appointment, after she had already asked me a few days ago to move her appointment today to a later time for her. That just made me angry, it's my opinion that a person shouldn't make an appointment if they're not going to make the time in their schedule to keep it, no matter how busy they are. And that led to the thoughts that in the 5 months I've had my business open, I haven't gotten any clients that come back on a regular basis. Maybe that's normal. Guess I should have worked in a spa or something first and found that out. *sigh*

And last but not least, at the end of my first week on the National Body Challenge, I haven't lost any weight. I didn't come close to my goal of 2000 cal/day. I've averaged 2450 cal/day. It's because I got a Gingerbread House Kit for Christmas that I put together two weeks ago, and I've been nibbling on it all week. I haven't quite made my exercise goal, either, (Goal = exercise 60 min/day) but at least I've been doing better with that than the calories. I've exercised at least 40 min 4 days this week. Plus I discovered at my uncle's office that, in addition to the two 10 min walks I can take at the breaks, if I make a quick loop around the office every time I get up to go to the printer (which is every few minutes), the quick loop is approximately 60 steps. By the end of the day on Wednesday I had accumulated 3060 steps. Which is just a drop in the bucket of 10,000 Steps A Day, but it's more than I was getting before. So I feel proud of myself because I've done a lot more this week exercising than I have in a while. Just got to get rid of that freaking Gingerbread House and I'll start getting weight loss results, I think. And I realize that the goals I've set myself are high, but I figure even if I don't reach the goals I've set, I'm making progress in the right direction by attempting to reach them, and progress is still a win. Okay, I'm not quite so gloomy anymore.

No comments: