Wait for it! I auditioned tonight at the Playhouse for a play called Boeing-Boeing. This is a farce about three airline attendants (who work for different airlines, of course) who are all married to the same man. They don't know about each other, but they're all flying in to see him on the same day. How fun is that going to be?
Anyhow, the director had me read for Judith, the Lufthansa attendant. If I'm cast, I'll get to use a German accent! How fun is that? Wee! I don't think I'll have too much trouble with the accent since my grandparents were German, and so am familiar with how English with a German accent sounds. I attempted to use a German accent at the audition tonight, and quite honestly it sucked. (Being familiar with the sound of the accent, and actually speaking with it are two different horses.) It was a little bit German, a little bit British, a little bit random Scandanavian, a little bit Southern. But, both the director and the producer were saying that they didn't know what a German accent was supposed to sound like, so they both complimented me a lot on how good my German accent was. I decided it was a good idea not to dig myself a grave by telling them what I thought of it. Anyhow, I'll get good use out of the accent book I got for Christmas! (Even though I don't think it will be hard for me to pick up the proper German pronunciation of English.)
So, the director seemed to like me a lot, liked the way I read for Judith, and there weren't a lot of people at the audition tonight. (Maybe there were more at last night's, I don't know.) So I am optimistic that I will be cast. And if I am cast, rehearsals start Monday night.
GO!
No comments:
Post a Comment