We read through the play at rehearsal tonight, and it is going to be so much fun! The play is hilarious, and I *love* my character, Judith. She is passionately romantic and dramatic, but being honest is very important to her. (She's a lot like me.) I've decided that her theme song is "Somewhere Out There" from that Fivel the mouse movie. Imagine a woman singing that song as earnestly and passionately as possible, and you've got Judith. But of course, since Judith is German, it must be sung with a German accent:
Some vhere out zhere, beneese zhe pale moonlight,
Some vone'z sinking off me, ant loffing me tonight.
And there's a lot of kissing in store for Judith. First she throws herself on her fiancee Bernard's friend Robert and kisses him, not realizing that it's not Bernard. Then later on, Robert convinces her to kiss him again, and then in the second act, Robert kisses her several times to keep her from saying something that shouldn't be said out loud. (But of course it does get said anyways.)
Oh my goodness, I haven't kissed a guy in so long, years. And I didn't have much practice before that, either. (Well, I'm certainly going to get a lot of practice now, aren't I?) I'm trying not to think about it, but deep down, I'm terrified. But I'm just going to go with the flow, and not make a big deal out of it to the other actor, if I mention it at all. (We actually haven't cast Robert yet.) I was in another play about 10 years ago in which the script required kissing, and I made a big deal about how freaked out I was because I didn't have a lot of kissing experience, and it made the other actor uncomfortable as well, and he ended up not kissing me at all, just buried his face in my neck. Anyhow, I'm much more mature now, so I'll handle it. EEEEEEEK! No, I will handle it. Be calm, confident and professional, and everything will be okay. (Especially if Robert is handsome.)
But this play is going to be so much fun! I'm so glad I got cast! And I have a much bigger role in this play than I did in Honeymoon...I don't come on until half-way through the first act, but once I'm on, it's pretty much me & Robert for the next 13 pages. And then during the second act, I'm on for a chunk then off, then on, then off, until the end of the play. That scares me a little bit too, that it's a bigger role, but again, I'll handle it. I'll do my homework, memorize my lines, listen to my director, listen & respond to the other actors, have fun, and everything will be fine! WEEEEEE!
2 comments:
Kissing! I love it. In fact, it's the only reason I became an actor. FACT.
Right on!
Post a Comment